What Are the Best Growing Conditions for Lucky Bamboo?
The best growing conditions for a lucky bamboo plant are to keep it warm and indoors, preferably in a well-lit room. While it is possible to plant lucky bamboo in outdoor soil, cold temperatures or harsh sunlight can damage the plant.
How to Care for Lucky Bamboo
- Clean the container every few months and provide fresh water once a week to prevent algae from forming.
- Lucky bamboo makes a great indoor plant because it can tolerate light shade and indirect sunlight. However, your bamboo will grow larger when exposed to bright light. This doesn’t mean you should put your plant in full, direct sunlight, but keeping it in a bright room can increase its longevity.
- Lucky bamboo can be grown in soil or water. If you’re growing the plant in water, filtered or distilled water is your best option for keeping your bamboo’s roots moist and healthy. (Tap water may contain chemicals that can burn its stalks). Always use clean water to refresh your plant.
- When you buy or receive a lucky bamboo plant, it usually comes in its own container, often topped with pebbles or beads. If your bamboo outgrows its original container, you may need to move it to another container that can hold it. Gently dig out the bamboo plant, washing off the pebbles before transferring it to the new pot. Add the bamboo plant, carefully digging the roots again under the pebbles to make sure they are completely covered. Keep the water level high enough to cover the roots, but not so high that it wets the bamboo stalk.
- If your lucky bamboo is growing in soil, make sure its container has good drainage. Lucky bamboo prefers moist soil, but adding too much water to the soil can have a negative effect on plant growth. Water the soil when the top inch of soil is dry.
Order plants online to spread positivist and greenery everywhere in Kolkata. Now give orders. Lucky bamboo plant in a Square Glass Vase. Double layer lucky bamboo plant. Customized pillow or pillow cover. beer glasses. Cake. Personalized Gift. Flowers. Plants. coffee mug